Strata Safe Rooms
The Universal battery backup module is a standalone power system comprising of a set of sealed, crushproof batteries within a vented enclosure. With heavy duty inverter charger as a separate module.
The module has an electrical braded lead with isolation switching at both ends of the connecting lead.
Enclosure: The enclosure is of robust construction and is made with an RHS Steel frame which is lined with 3mm steel cladding, the assembly is on a fork lift skid base. The enclosure is stand alone and can be placed either next to the Chamber or behind the chamber.
Batteries are 12 volt 150amp; high temperature batteries are also available for extreme conditions.
Battery life depends on a number of key factors being
- Operating temperature
- Method of charging.
- Actual use of the battery i.e. standby or cycle service.
- For high temperature situations high temperature batteries are recommended
Power requirements: 48 Volt power is the input and output current which is compatible with the Strata / Shairzal Units.
Power Connection: Power connection between the battery pack and the refuge chamber is via a steel braded lead, connection to the Battery Module and chamber is HARD WIRED with isolation points at each end.
Built to any size, Safe Rooms are either excavated out of the side wall of the entry, in a cross-cut or are constructed in an entry using multiple stoppings.
Strata Safe Rooms come equipped with a Modular Kit, including air conditioning, breathable air systems, storage, and other essential supplies.
Breathable air can be provided by a borehole from the surface, compressed mine air with a high-quality air filtration system or oxygen cylinders with alternative forms of CO2 scrubbing.
Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Scrubber Module
- Maintains CO2 levels below 1% (10,000 ppm)
- Battery-powered fans circulate air through scrubber
- Soda lime chemicals remove CO2
- Soda lime curtains (alternative)
Oxygen Supply Module
- Individual unit stores up to nine 2,900 psi (200 bar) cylinders per skid
- Multiple modules can be used for additional cylinders
- Regulators and flow valves included
- Up to 3,300 cubic feet (93,000 L) of oxygen available per module
A scalable supply of food and water are provided, along with a first aid kit, a communication device, flashlights and gas monitors. Benches are in place for additional comfort and a portable toilet, along with supplies as needed.
Other options include:
- Stackable, auxiliary battery power with 24 hours of additional power
- Optional airlock and purge air system
- Optional lighting and alarm kit includes LED interior lighting, LED exterior flashing beacon, alarm, batteries, and charger
Strata Long Life Water is made in Australia specifically for mining applications. It provides an alternative to normal water which has a limited shelf life.
Natural Australian spring water with added nutrients and formulated to increase the longevity. With a shelf life of three years plus, Long Life water has a scientifically balanced mineral content and 7.9ph alkaline for health and well-being in an emergency.
Supplied in 600ml packs with a convenient screw cap, Long Life water is easy to store and use.
Emergency food rations designed for use in mine refuge chambers are portion controlled to provide the daily minimum nutrition while conserving natural body fluids. One bar is one meal replacement of 2000 calories. Long Life food is heat sealed in a vapour proof flexible pouch that can be opened by hand.
Packaged in 14 oz (396 gram) packaging with a 6 year storage life.