RigGuard is a completely wireless and battery powered gas detection system that magnetically mounts in any location on the drill rig to continuously monitor combustible and toxic gas levels during drilling operations.
It utilizes Strata’s secure, wireless communications network to stream data from the sensors to an operator’s PLC display in the doghouse. If harmful gas levels increase, the readings are displayed clearly on the sensors and early warning alerts are transmitted to the doghouse.
The local on-rig network can also be remotely accessed over the Internet, utilizing either cellular or satellite services. This fully secure connection enables remote monitoring and centralized data collection across multiple rigs. .
RIGGUARD GAS DETECTORS
RigGuard is powered by the Strata/Trolex Sentro 1 gas detector.
- Completely wireless & battery powered
- Intrinsically Safe
- IP65 rated & EMC protected
- 4 D-cell Energizer EN 95 batteries – 45 to 50 day life
- 2 I/O for additional monitoring options
- Fast removal and exchange onsite
- Calibration onsite or remote
- Ability to interchange gas sensors with automatic reconfiguration
RIGGUARD DATA ACQUISION
- Data from sensors streamed to central control center and user interface usually located in the doghouse
- Touch-Screen PLC panel for data readings and controls
Two-way communication enables remote-control & command of individual sensors
- Manipulating thresholds
- Alarm activation/deactivation
- Supports open standard MODBUS and OPC formats
Secure transfer of data over the Internet – VPN/Hybrid VPN
- Satellite, cellular, mesh or company LAN
- Firewall protected
- Remote server
- Data display on any Internet enabled computer, phone and/or tablet