DigitalBRIDGE, powered by RFI Technology Solutions, is a POINT-TO-MULTIPOINT Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) network is an easy-to-install solution for overcoming the constraints of typical underground communication networks:
- Difficulty of LAST MILE power and connectivity
- Limited availability of power stations
- Long distances between end-point devices as a result of typical fibre cable lengths
- Complicated networks that require certified technicians
- Systems which are expensive to expand, maintain and repair
- Extensive pre-configuration and pre-planning of underground communications networks
POWER-over-Ethernet (PoE & PoE+)
DigitalBRIDGE is an Ultra-Low Resistance (ULR) coaxial cable that delivers both reliable power and high speed digital access anywhere mines require electrical and/or data transmission devices for communications, monitoring and tracking. It can be used as a quick expansion of underground networks extending beyond the reach of fibre, or can be used as a stand-alone solution.
- PoE cables eliminate the need for power cables, optimising and simplifying installation as well as reducing costs
- Flexible cable lengths with max recommended 2000m without a Repeater or additional power source
- Power can be injected anywhere along the cable
- PoE outlets can be tapped into the cable wherever end-point devices are needed
- Simple reconfiguration and relocation of cabling and end-point devices
Adhere to networking standards, without being tied to a particular vendor
DigitalBRIDGE high-speed IP backbone is interoperable with any preferred type and brand of Ethernet end-point device.
Power and Connectivity where you need it, when you need it.
DigitalBRIDGE's easy to use coaxial cable can be installed in flexible lengths reaching up to 2000m in a single segment. There is no premium for short runs, and can quickly be extended. DigitalBRIDGE is fully manageable by onsite personnel.