StrataConnect™ Wireless for Mining
COMMNODES - TRACKING TAGS - SMART SENSORS
With the simplicity and cost effectiveness of ONLY THREE components, StrataConnect Wireless provides countless capabilities for underground monitoring, remote control, tracking and emergency alert.
COMMON DIFFICULTIES STRATACONNECT WIRELESS OVERCOMES
- Establishing and maintaining continuous network coverage mine-wide – distance limitations and signal breakdown
- Establishing connectivity from the end of communication networks to isolated areas or the working face
- Lack of power availability in certain areas
- Gaseous and/or otherwise volatile working environments
- Loss of power and connection during emergencies
- High cost of running and maintaining wired infrastructures
- Managing harmful or explosive gas in remote areas
- Fast to install, flexible network for permanent or temporary connectivity, without large capital expenditures or man-power.
- Integrates with existing infrastructures
- Hybrid network for remote monitoring and control capabilities in isolated or temporary work areas
- Seamless addition of permanent or temporary two-way messaging
- Low maintenance network for telemetry
Personnel and equipment real-time tracking for safety and productivity. Unlike zonal tracking such as RFID tags and readers, StrataConnect Wireless utilizes multiple CommNodes simultaneously to calculate actual location and direction of travel to within 200 feet (60 meters).
- Network supports thousands of trackers simultaneously
- Visual location with direction of travel displays on the surface user interface
In today’s data-driven and remote-operating mining industry, mines are constantly looking for cost effective solutions for real-time monitoring and remote control of underground systems. Pairing these capabilities with low maintenance and fast installation, StrataConnect Wireless is the ideal solution.
StrataConnect Wireless eliminates the cost and hassle of cables, external power sources, antennas, repeaters, splitters, J-boxes and intrinsically safe power barriers. Operations can elect to monitor as many devices as required, in any location underground. The system is very simple to expand and is fully recoverable.