The Propsetter® Roof Support System is a low cost, high performing, timber roof support solution that is quick to install and provides fast and reliable support. It is ideal for mining areas that require active pre-loading.
The 7in, 8.5in and 10in diameter Propsetters can be used to replace traditional 4-point cribs and the 12in Propsetter can be used to replace a 24in Can. Propsetters offer the advantage of improved materials handling, more quickly installed support, superior support performance through the first foot of deformation, and a significant reduction in ventilation resistance.
- Headgate, tailgate, and bleeder support
- Cross cut and intersection stabilization
- Supplementary support
- Longwall shield recovery
- Breaker line support for pillar extraction
- Belt line rehabilitation and support
- Ventilation seal protection
The Propsetter System is engineered to yield in a controlled manner through
16 plus inches of deformation as the roof and floor converge. Headboards and footboards are used to distribute the load and avoid punching through the roof and floor.
- Rapidly generates load capacity
- Yields with entry convergence to prevent buckling
- Maintains load capacity during yield
Support capacities comparable to a four-point timber crib and
- Less materials handling compared to cribs
- Reduced ventilation resistance
- Headboards and footboards engineered to distribute load and avoid punching into roof and floor.
- Specialized system bundling for optimized transport and handling
Eight complete Propsetter systems, including the pre-loading PowerWedge, are bundled together in an easier to handle package.
For seam heights up to 11ft
- 7” – 25 tons of load
- 8.5” - 50 tons of load
- 10” - 65 tons of load
- 12” – 100 tons of load*
**12" prop actual diameter 11.5"
With a low cost-per-support-ton and significant ventilation and materials-handling benefits, Propsetter remains one of the most popular roof supports on the market today.