DigitalBRIDGE™ POINT-TO-MULTIPOINT Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) network is an easy-to-install solution for overcoming the constraints of typical underground communication networks:
- Difficulty of LAST MILE power and connectivity
- Limited availability of power stations
- Long distances between end-point devices as a result of typical fiber cable lengths
- Complicated networks that require certified technicians
- Systems that are expensive to expand, maintain and repair
- Extensive pre-configuration and pre-planning of underground communications networks
POWER-over-Ethernet (PoE & PoE+)
DigitalBRIDGE is an Ultra-Low Resistance (ULR) coaxial cable that delivers both reliable power and high speed digital access anywhere mines require electrical and/or data transmission devices for communications, monitoring and tracking. It can be used as a quick expansion of underground networks extending beyond the reach of fiber, or can be used as a stand-alone solution.
DigitalBRIDGE cables and components are fully recoverable and reusable.
- PoE cables eliminate the need for AC power cables, optimizing and simplifying installation as well as reducing costs
- Flexible cable lengths with max recommended 6,500 ft / 2,000 m without a Repeater or additional power source
- Power can be injected anywhere along the cable
- PoE outlets can be tapped into the cable wherever end-point devices are needed
- Simple reconfiguration and relocation of cabling and end-point devices
Adhere to networking standards, without being tied to a particular vendor
DigitalBRIDGE high-speed IP backbone is interoperable with any preferred type and brand of Ethernet end-point device.
Ethernet data ports can be broken out at any point along the cable using the system’s QuadPort. The QuadPort provides up to four PoE ports with power and data backhaul for industrial Ethernet devices.
Power and Connectivity where you need it, when you need it.
DigitalBRIDGE's easy to use coaxial cable can be installed in flexible lengths reaching up to 6.500 feet (2,000m) in a single segment. There is no premium for short runs, and can quickly be extended. DigitalBRIDGE is fully manageable by onsite personnel.