8 to 20 Person Chamber
Strata Refuge Chambers are equipped with a standard 36 hours of battery and air back-up supplies. These systems are upgradeable to 96 hrs. Backup power is provided by a bank of 12 volt batteries and backup air is provided by on-board oxygen cylinders and an active soda lime carbon dioxide scrubber.
Primary operation includes attaching to main airlines and power sources. The refuge chamber then has an indefinite supply or air and power. If the refuge chamber loses power there is a 36 hour battery back-up system that provides emergency power to the scrubber, air conditioner, lighting and warning systems.
All chambers come standard with fork lift slots, lifting and towing lugs for ease of movement throughout the mine.
- Robust Construction - Engineered and constructed to customer specifications.
- Quality Air Supply System - High quality air filtration system purifies mine air. Backup air supply provides at least 48 hours of breathable air.
- CO2 Scrubber System - Active CO2 Scrubber removes carbon dioxide using soda lime chemicals
- Carbon Monoxide Removal System - Inbuilt CO removal system(No chemicals, no shelf-life)
- Air Conditioning & Insulation - Air conditioning units included to regulate interior temperature and humidity. Internal insulation helps improve temperature control
- Standard & Custom Sizes - Strata Refuge Chambers are available in standard & custom sizes to meet individual customer needs. This includes custom length and heights of the structure.
- Air-Tight Rugged Design - Withstand harsh environments and provides immediate breathable air upon entry.
- AirLock Entry - Sectioned off area to help minimize the entrance of air contaminants into the main chamber. Optional purge air system can be used to flush the air in the airlock prior to occupants' entrance into the chamber
- 24-Volt Lighting - Internal 24V LED lighting system.
- Drinking Water & Food - Includes food & drinking water in storage compartments under the seats..
- Easy Handling - Built-in fork lift guides, lifting facility and skid base assist with moving & relocating the refuge chamber.
- Lavatory-Chemical toilet and supplies in a private compartment.
- Cushioned Seating & Storage Areas - Cushioned seating for all occupants & storage areas for additional supplies/equipment.
- Fire Extinguisher - 9 kg fire extinguisher
- Escape Hatch - Built-in emergency escape hatch.
- External Location Lights - External location lights & warning siren
- Battery Back-Up - Upgraded battery pack (click for info)
The dimensions of the Strata Refuge Chambers can be customised according to specific customer requirements. A few examples include:
- Tunneling (reduced width)
- Low Profile mines (reduced height)
- Powerless (air-powered components)
- Compact and mobile (small, lightweight, and equipped with wheels)
Strata Long Life Water is made in Australia specifically for mining applications. It provides an alternative to normal water which has a limited shelf life.
Natural Australian spring water with added nutrients and formulated to increase the longevity. With a shelf life of three years plus, Long Life water has a scientifically balanced mineral content and 7.9ph alkaline for health and well-being in an emergency.
Supplied in 600ml packs with a convenient screw cap, Long Life water is easy to store and use.
Emergency food rations designed for use in mine refuge chambers are portion controlled to provide the daily minimum nutrition while conserving natural body fluids. One bar is one meal replacement of 2000 calories. Long Life food is heat sealed in a vapour proof flexible pouch that can be opened by hand.
Packaged in 14 oz (396 gram) packaging with a 6 year storage life.