RFI Digital Drift
Digital Drift POINT-TO-MULTIPOINT Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) network is an easy-to-install solution for overcoming the constraints of typical underground communication networks:
- Difficulty of LAST MILE power and connectivity
- Limited availability of power stations
- Long distances between end-point devices as a result of typical fibre cable lengths
- Complicated networks that require certified technicians
- Systems which are expensive to expand, maintain and repair
- Extensive pre-configuration and pre-planning of underground communications networks
POWER-over-Ethernet (PoE & PoE+)
RFI Digital Drift is an Ultra-Low Resistance (ULR) coaxial cable that delivers both reliable power and high speed digital access anywhere mines require electrical and/or data transmission devices for communications, monitoring and tracking. It can be used as a quick expansion of underground networks extending beyond the reach of fibre, or can be used as a stand-alone solution.
- PoE cables eliminate the need for power cables, optimising and simplifying installation as well as reducing costs
- Flexible cable lengths with max recommended 2000m without a Repeater or additional power source
- Power can be injected anywhere along the cable
- PoE outlets can be tapped into the cable wherever end-point devices are needed
- Simple reconfiguration and relocation of cabling and end-point devices
Adhere to networking standards, without being tied to a particular vendor
RFI Digital Drift high-speed IP backbone is interoperable with any preferred type and brand of Ethernet end-point device.
Power and Connectivity where you need it, when you need it.
Digital Drift's easy to use coaxial cable can be installed in flexible lengths reaching up to 2000m in a single segment. There is no premium for short runs, and can quickly be extended. Digital Drift is fully manageable by onsite personnel.