StrataConnect™ Wireless for Coal Mines (CommTrac)
COMMON DIFFICULTIES STRATACONNECT WIRELESS OVERCOMES
- Establishing and maintaining continuous communications coverage mine-wide – distance limitations and signal breakdown
- Establishing connectivity from the end of communication networks to the working face
- Lack of power availability in certain areas
- Gaseous and/or otherwise volatile working environments
- Loss of power and connection during emergencies
- High cost of running and maintaining wired infrastructures
- Managing harmful or explosive gas in remote areas
For coal mines across the globe, StrataConnect Wireless communications and tracking is the ideal system. It truly is wireless and battery-powered - from surface operations to underground, and the entire system is intrinsically safe. Mines can continue connectivity all the way to the face. The StrataConnect network is both fast and easy to install, and takes significantly less labor and expense to maintain.
Standard connectivity includes two-way, text-based communication and real-time personnel and equipment tracking. Both capabilities function in daily activities and in emergency situations.
Workers carry a lightweight, hand-held mobile device that doubles as a two-way communicator and personal tracker. Asset trackers are mounted into machinery for equipment tracking
In the United States, the CommTrac® system is fully MSHA approved and it satisfies the MINER Act requirements of Program Policy Letter (PPL) 11-V13.
The document links below are password protected. Please email Ryan Ruth for access.
For more information, please contact a representative or fill out our contact form.